- (1) MEMBERSHIP
- (i) PERTUBUHAN CIRED MALAYSIA shall have two (2) categories of Members namely Individual Members and Collective Members.
- (ii) Individual Members are further subdivided into two categories namely Ordinary Members and Associate Members.
- Ordinary Members are Malaysian citizens who are professionals involved in the Electricity Supply Industry above 18 years of age whose application for membership has been approved by PERTUBUHAN CIRED MALAYSIA in accordance with the articles of this Constitution.
- Associate Members are any non-Malaysian Citizens who are professionals involved in the Electricity Supply Industry and reside in Malaysia and whose application for membership has been approved by PERTUBUHAN CIRED MALAYSIA in accordance with the articles of this Constitution.
- (iii) Collective Members are any Companies who may be public or private organisation, industrial or commercial in nature or establishment for higher education or research or government departments, scientific or technical committees whose application for membership has been approved by PERTUBUHAN CIRED MALAYSIA in accordance with the articles of this Constitution who will be represented by two representatives nominated by the Company.
- (iv) No students from the institution of higher learning shall be admitted as member of PERTUBUHAN CIRED MALAYSIA unless he or she has obtained prior written permission from the Vice Chancellor or the equivalent of the institutions concerned.
- (v) Every application for membership shall be proposed and seconded by two existing members and shall be forwarded to the Secretary who shall at the first convenient opportunity, submit it to the committee for approval. The committee may at its discretion reject any application without assigning any reason therefore.
- (vi) Every applicant whose application has been approved as aforesaid shall, upon payment of the prescribed entrance fee and first annual subscription, be admitted as a member and enjoy the privileges of the membership.
- (vii) Only the Ordinary and Representatives of Collective Members are entitled to vote and hold office in PERTUBUHAN CIRED MALAYSIA. Associate Members may enjoy the facilities and amenities without any right to vote or to be elected as office-bearers.
- (2) ENTRANCE FEES, SUBSCRIPTIONS AND OTHER DUES
- (i) The entrance fee and annual subscription payable shall be as follows:-
|Membership Types||Entrance Fee||Annual Subscription Fee|
|Individual - Ordinary||RM 100.00||RM 50.00|
|Individual - Associate||RM 100.00||RM 100.00|
|Collective||RM 300.00||RM 500.00|
Collective Members from institution of higher learning, research or government departments, scientific or technical committees enjoy a fifty percent (50%) reduction on the entrance and annual subscription fees.
- (ii) All annual subscription shall be payable to the Treasurer within the first three (3) months of each fiscal year.
- (iii) Any member who allows his arrears to exceed one year’s subscriptions will receive a written notification signed by or on behalf of the Secretary and shall be denied the privileges of membership until he settles his account.
- (iv) Any member who allows his arrears to exceed two years’ subscriptions shall automatically cease to be a member of PERTUBUHAN CIRED MALAYSIA.
- (v) The committee shall have the power to fix a re-entrance fee for any person who has allowed his membership to lapse through arrears.
- (vi) Special subscriptions or levies, for particular purposes may be raised from members by resolution of the general meeting of the PERTUBUHAN CIRED MALAYSIA. If any member fails to pay subscription within such period, the amount due shall be treated as the same way as the arrears of annual subscription.